Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's Been About a Month, and What Do I Have To Show For It? Well I Certainly Haven't Memorized The Rules For Capitalizing Titles Yet. CAMPINGCAMPINGCAMPING


If my blog is a friend of mine who I can only communicate with using the interweb, then I have horribly neglected him/her – Wait, it’s been a year and I haven’t settled on a gender identity for my blog? WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING!?

If my blog requires an identity of its own, it will be a male dachshund.  Mixed with a golden retriever.  A neutered one.  

This reminds me of what I've been doing in my religion class studying the Hebrew Bible.  We've been talking about how the ancient Israelites perceived identity.  How would they have felt about my impotent mutt of a blog?  That's a great question.  Food for thought.

Now that that’s over with, let us move on.

So what have I been doing with my life for the last month?  Well in case I haven’t mentioned it enough, I’m back at UNC!  So of course my life has necessarily included some work.   There are two pieces of this work that I’d like to highlight here.  As I’m currently feeling conventional, I’ll begin with the first one.

A little bit of my life has been figured out.  A puzzle piece of insight has been found beneath the colorful yet stained and flimsy card table of my current reality and added to the sporadically decorated and oddly colored billion piece jigsaw puzzle that is my future.  In the puzzle so far I’ve put together some people and piles of paper and what looks like a labradoodle that tripped and fell into a vat of tie-dye.  I would have the border pieces figured out already but the puzzle appears to create no coherent shape that I ever learned about in Geometry and the box includes no picture; it is covered in heckles and taunts and all it contains is what appears to be a treasure map covered in hieroglyphs.  At this moment in time it is unclear whether or not the treasure map is in fact related to the puzzle itself or if the pieces have just been randomly scattered and the map is only another taunt. 


Proverbial.  I feel like that word fits in there somehow but I don’t want to go back and see where.  Edit it in with your eyes please. Also I’m pretty sure I had a solid reason for using the passive voice at the beginning of that last paragraph, but I got lost.  So did it.

Implied subtextual life-plan in that rambling abstract illustration of a paragraph: I want to write words and pick words and fix words and read words.  And hopefully get paid.

My second piece of work: Some very indepth independent research I’ve been doing into a very significant and pertinent subject.  That will not be revealed until the time that my next blog post is written and revealed.

I'M GOING CAMPING! TOMORROW!  This seemed more important than sharing my first class scientific research. I will be spending several days out in the beautiful wilderness of nature. Once I have returned I shall tell of my experience.  It shall be glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment