Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Side Effects, Goats, and Everyday Life (not in that order)




Thought #1: Over-The-Counter Medicine in Israel/Palestine! All of the fun of unintended side effects without having to give up those fun, original symptoms you've gotten so attached to!

Not quite sure why that is, and it's probably all in my head, but yeah, that.


Thought #2: Here's a little glimpse of what my neighborhood is like. (It's about a 5-10 minute walk from my apartment to a bus stop on the main road.)

First my street! It's called Abu Madi, which in Arabic as far as I know could mean either "father of the past," "father of the signatory," or "father of the last." The last one is my personal favorite, (Father of the last) because fathers in this region are traditionally known by the name of their eldest son, so "last" would be a cool reversal.




 And that's what my apartment complex looks like in the snow.


And here's the streets (and cool views from those streets) between my flat and the main road -- at various times of day and sometimes with snow.











 And I'll share more about stuff on the main road of Beit Hanina tomorrow probably, but here's a little taste:


A car dealership. The owner was probably really proud of their English title. I guess it's one of those things that's supposed to be really clever. (And by "supposed" I mean "suppozed," not "suppost,") (Say them out loud repeatedly if you don't catch the difference.)



Thought #3

Here's the first episode of a short series about our experience climbing a random rock/mountain/hill/cliff face thing in Jordan in the desert. I'm thinking of pitching it to HBO, maybe throw some historical drama in there, probably featuring Tom Hanks. WWI is fashionable right now, right?


(Enlarge video to maybe catch a glimpse of the actual goats!)

No comments:

Post a Comment