Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A brief but powerful glance into the probably important but mostly neglected activities in my life

So just the other day I was eating a bag of garden salsa flavored sunchips
Just really, really delicious. Like really.
and watching TV, when a thought suddenly ocurred to me: Wait...don't I have something I need to be doing right now?  I tried to ignore it and go back to watching "Bad Girls Club" with my roommate (Next we planned to watch VMAs over for the 3rd time; I was still pretty sure Rihanna had been out of key for a moment.), but I just couldn't shake the feeling that I had something important waiting for me to remember it.  I tried in vain for a couple of minutes longer, but my heart just wasn't in it and I couldn't keep pretending.

Not knowing exactly what to do (Having responsibilities is still a little hard to get used to), I excused myself to the lounge and resorted to the best organizational device I had available: the notepad in my phone.  As it turns out, there were quite a few things in my notepad to do.


Except it's really, really old now. Like really.
It seems that for quite a long time I've been using my phone's notepad as a mobile to-do list for pretty much everything and anything I need to do.  The problem with this being that I would put all these things in my phone, and then only see them again when I'm adding more things in.

After I was done running around in a frenzied panic and depriving myself of sleep, I realized the incredible randomness and varying degrees of urgency in these many tasks I had hidden away in my pocket to be forgotten.  I thought I'd take the time now to show you some of the more curious items in my notepad, as well as attempt to explain them (if i can).

 It'll help to understand the format if you realize that my phone notepad has limited room.  This means that I worked very hard to minimize the space each item took up, sometimes with disastrously hilarious consequences.

  • go thru phone vids/pics     (well this is reasonable, I should probably clear those out, maybe put some on facebook, etc.)
  • getnewphone/backup contacts  (my phone only lets me take calls when it's in a very nice mood)
  • King olav scholarship  (well it might be too late now?)
  • figure out tuition bill (definitely too late)
  • read tale of two cities (easier said than done)
  • tune piano  (wayyyy easier said than done)
  • lego harry potter  ( I wanted to get it as a gift for my brother.... I swear)
  • learn2checkdebit  (useful skill)
  • learn to tie ties (this too)
  • ode to joy guitar  (intriguing...)
  • snacks (simple enough)
  • cover bush song (I think this is telling me to learn how to play "Comedown" by Bush?)
  • fun.  ,all the prtygirls   (i think thats a band and then a song?)
  • relafiar? (spanish word)
  • crisp (not a spanish word)
  • spinal appt? (sounds like it might be urgent)
  • meningitis (sounds very urgent)
  • Miguelio and the blaze gray shorts (there should probably be a comma in there)
  • backup pc  (speaks for itself)
  • striped aeropostale mac nd cheese stain (this as well)
  • c#c#/cBbmwayupEbmFs2    (I wonder just how small of a space I could fit a random chord progression into if I really tried)
the rest of the list is made up mostly of
  • places i have to be
  • people that owe me money
  • random song lyrics and ideas
  • band names (made up and real)
  • various chores
and of course, homework.

Speaking of which, I should probably go burn through some more of this list.



Poll: 1 in 5 Americans Believe Obama Is A Cactus




1 comment:

  1. Miguelio and the blaze gray shorts might be a cool band name... and I think meningitis means, go get that vaccine :-) Very funny, as always!

    ReplyDelete